Egg McMuffin, move over.
I had to put this up, even though I have no photos (gotta get better at having my camera in the kitchen). You’ll just have to trust me on this: it was deliciousness in breakfast. Simple. Happy. Quick enough for a Wednesday morning. This might turn into a weekly thing.
- 1 fresh egg (from one of T’s chickens, probably Beatrice)
- 1 large slice of artisan bread (I used rosemary round from Trader Joe’s)
- 2 slices veggie bacon, cooked
- 1/4 cup grated cheese (any kind would probably be good; I went with emmentaler)
1. Fry egg (over medium or over hard) in fabulous egg-ring from Mom.
2. Assemble warmed bread, egg, bacon, and cheese. Wallow in yumminess. Forget that Egg McMuffins or Starbucks’ breakfast sandwiches ever existed.