Aunt Karen and Uncle Kevin visit
Uncle Kevin and Aunt Karen visited with us for a long weekend, and they got to witness the rapid growth of these three chickadees. Every day is a new word, a new sign, a new skill. Here are some highlights:
- They sang “Little Bird” to the babies for their birthday party, and now it has become a Pied Piper song–anytime the babies were fussy, Karen would sing it, and they would instantly calm down.
- They got good exercise running with us, and chasing Jamie around the aquarium.
- They have declared Jamie a musical genius: he can sing the tune of “The Wheels on the Bus” and can imitate other notes.
- Jamie walks around with his toy cell phone saying “Heh-ro” (they actually don’t really use the classic toy rotary phone we have–they never see us using something that looks like it).
- Karen taught Theresa A – E of the alphabet.
- Theresa has started asking to be picked up by wrapping her arms around both a person’s knees and saying, “Up-bup-bup-bup…”
- Audrey says “Karen” and “Kaahhhn” (Kevin).
- Audrey has started saying “o-KEY.” I guess I say “okay” a lot, because she doesn’t necessarily say it after I do–sometimes I ask her if she wants me to walk with her, and she says “o-KEY.”
- Uncle Kevin got in some good pirate conversations with the babies.
- All three now say “hi” and “bye bye.”
The day after they left, Audrey said “polenta” when I brought it out at lunch (and I didn’t say it first–she remembered from last week). Chef Aunt Karen would approve.