November 16, 2013
Updates: August to November
- Makes up his own lyrics to songs: “I love my elevator” (to the tune of Pete the Cat loving his white shoes)
- Loves singing “The Hello Song” to everything: “Hello, Mount Rainier, so glad to see you…”
- Quoting from Corduroy: “Quite by axskident…” Actually, he quotes from Corduroy all the time, including: “I didn’t know I’d lost a button!” The boy loves bears. Especially Bear, who goes with us pretty much everywhere.
- Sings loudly and long in his crib after lights-out, which often prompts Audrey to cry for us and ask us, “Make Jamie be quiet.”
- On descending the stairs: “I’m coming down so you better get the party started!”
- Master of the sideways shoulder hug
- Remembers so much: at bedtime, he said, “We maked the beach ball go up,” referring to the Children’s Museum air blower that lifts a beach ball inside a cage (which we have not been to in over a month).
- Favorite thing at playgrounds: climbing. Up ladders, stairs, stumps, etc. Often involving slides, but not always.
- Other favorite thing: running.
- Favorite favorite thing: drumming. On hippo statue at the zoo, on the bathtub, on a low wall at the aquarium, on upside-down strainers, on tabletops and trays, on cups, every available surface.
- Has become a fantastic helper (this from the little dude who used to cry whenever we asked him to put the book he was done with back on the shelf).
- Favorite exhibit at the zoo: water. Favorite exhibit at the aquarium: seeing the ferris wheel on the pier outside.