Gratitude in October
October 14, 2014
It was pretty rocky here for a few weeks. Now things are evening out. I’m working on a post of kid updates, but that sort of thing takes a while because it has to be just right. In the meantime, some gratitude observations:
- for NPR who will announce the National Book Award winners live tomorrow morning. Sigh. I love NPR and books and book nerds.
- for October-blue skies.
- for everything pumpkin.
- for fractal romanesco.
- for audiobooks during my commute: most recently, Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo, and Finding Beauty in a Broken World by Terry Tempest Williams.
- for autumn days at the beach, cool sand on the toes, and practicing balancing with “airplane arms” like Coach Jordan taught.
- for working with students on personal narratives–the kind of writing I like teaching and reading best.
- for chatting and laughing with former students as I walk through the cafeteria.
- for finishing long-term projects.
- for giggles at dinnertime, and singing. Always the singing.
- for Tuesday night yoga that heals my body and my brain and my spirit.
- for leaves flying through the air and crunching underfoot and dangling from the nearly-bare branches.
- for my tribe, near and far.